Workshops & BoFs/2011/GNOME IM integration BoF
| This is a proposed workshop for the DesktopSummit 2011 |
GNOME IM Integration BoF
This session will discuss the current state of the instant messaging integration in GNOME. We'll focus on the different topics discussed during the IM, Contacts and Social hackfest in June; check our current progress and the work that still needs to be done.
This includes improvement of Shell's chat integration, being able to be online using only Shell's user menu and the integration of more IM-related events such as incoming file transfers and calls.
The people responsible for hosting this session. For a session to be accepted, at least two persons must be listed. Email addresses must be provided.
- Guillaume Desmottes (email@example.com)
- Will Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Around 2 hours?
Expected number of participants
No pre-registration required to attend the session.
A projector would be useful, though perhaps not an absolute requirement.
Improvements since the hackfest
- The Shell -> Empathy chat passing bug has been fixed by introducing the DelegateToPreferredHandler hint.
- Display the number of unread messages
- User menu re-design is going well
- The Shell now displays room invitations and incoming calls
- The Shell displays IM account errors (not yet merged)
- message when switching to Busy (not yet merged)
Still to do
- notifications mess when chating with Empathy
- still no consensus on the messages missed problem
- Shell seyboard shortcuts to open the last message tray and switch items
- Be able to approve file transfer
- Be able to accept/decline subscription request
- Display ongoing calls
- Move NetworkManager/Conman integration into MC