Workshops & BoFs/2011/Developing applications with Grilo
| This is a proposed workshop for the DesktopSummit 2011 |
Developing applications with Grilo.
Grilo is a framework focused on making media discovery and browsing easy for application developers. More precisely, Grilo provides:
- A single, high-level API that abstracts the differences among various media content providers, allowing application developers to integrate content from various services and sources easily.
- A collection of plugins for accessing content from various media providers.
- A flexible API that allows plugin developers to write plugins of various kinds. Developers can share efforts and code by writing plugins for the framework that are application agnostic.
In this session we will introduce the main concepts involved in Grilo, and explain how to write a program using Grilo that grab content from multiple media providers.
Expected duration around 2 hours.
- Guillaume Emont (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Juan A. Suarez (email@example.com)
Expected number of participants
25 as hard upper limit
If your session requires pre-registration, indicate that here. If you require or wish that participants give you contact or background information, also indicate that here.
- Name of participant
- Either a whiteboard or a projector
- Some hosts have to leave Wednesday afternoon, so this session should be scheduled Wednesday morning or earlier