Workshops & BoFs/2011/CMake Introduction
| This is a proposed workshop for the DesktopSummit 2011 |
This will be a hands-on session on CMake usage for those new to CMake. No prior knowledge of CMake will be assumed, we will go through all the steps necessary to create a new project, find and link to libraries.
You will leave with knowledge of how to create a new project, with some background on generators to use various IDEs in addition to standard Makefiles.
The topics will be mostly KDE independent, it will cover at least:
- building a library or executable
- finding system libraries, linking
- installing the library/executable
- adding unit tests
- CTest submission, CDash dashboard aggregation
- using different generators for IDEs
- adding options, using ccmake and cmake-gui
- adding code generation and custom commands
- and more
- Marcus D. Hanwell (mhanwell AT kde.org)
- Bill Hoffman (bill.hoffman AT kitware.com)
- workshop/training session
Expected number of participants
- 25 as hard upper limit
Anyone can participate.
- should have at least 2 hours time reserved, having an open end would be nice
- should not overlap with the Buildsystem BoF, the Release Team BoF and the eV meeting
- need projector
This area is free to use for anything you wish! Discuss the planned contents, provide links to relevant resources, or whatever