From Desktopsummit 2011
| Important notice
The program for the Workshop & BoF days has now been published. Go to the Workshops & BoFs webpage for more information.
Sign up as a Volunteer!
To sign up, please follow closely the following steps:
- Before filling your name in, please read the Call for Volunteers.
- Edit the table below and fill in your name and data. To edit the table you need to log in with your Desktop Summit web site credentials ("Log In" link in the top right corner). In the table please provide your name, your Desktop Summit user id, the languages you speak, whether you know Berlin and the time/days when you are available.
- Please make sure to add your mobile telephone number to your Desktop Summit user profile.
- Please join the volunteer IRC channel #desktopsummit on freenode and subscribe to the volunteer mailinglist.
Available Areas (Choose one or more)
- Registration (includes pre-registration and information desk)
- Staff the info or registration desk and help people locate their badges, rooms etc.
- selling merchandising
- Setting up
- Help record the sessions (training provided, the recording is done with a PC, no prior experience required though useful)
- Session Chair
- Announce speakers, make sure they finish in time, Q&A, speaker's water, etc.
- Setting Up & Tearing down (conference rooms and infrastructure)
- Move chairs around, bring drinks to the conference rooms, lay cables, ...
- Lightning Talks (moderating)
- Like session chair - introduce speakers, make sure they finish in their allotted time, take additional ad-hoc submissions, run (and find) count-down software etc.
- Soccer Game (including referee)
- If you know soccer you can help :D
- Bringing things from core desk to rooms, finding people when needed, knowledge of local shops and where to get things, etc.
- Manning press room
- Take care that the journalists have what they need
- For the social events (e.g., check badges, provide directions, etc...)
Sign up (Add your name here)
|Name||DS Userid||Are you a local?||Language(s)||Which day/times can you help?||*Comments|
|Sean Cox||seancox||N||ENG& Some german||Anytime needed||Registration, odd jobs, whatever is needed|
|Tobias Hunger||hunger||Y||DE,EN||Thursday before event to sunday after event||...|
|Adam Reviczky||reviczky||N||DE,EN||Sat 9am-11:20am||...|
|Christian Hartmann||hartmann||Y||DE,EN||basically everyday everytime||Registration, Session Chair, Organization|
|David King||davidking||Y||EN||Saturday 6th - Monday 8th August||...|
|Michael Hill||michaelhill||N||EN||Saturday 6th - Wednesday 10th August||...|
|Anne Wilson||AnneWilson||N||EN||Friday 5th - Friday 12th August||Registration, and odd-jobs|
|Kevin Benavides||benavidescastro||N||ES,EN||basically everyday everytime||Registration, and odd-jobs|
|Daniel Laidig||laidig||Y||DE,EN||basically everyday everytime||Registration, and odd-jobs|
|Jesse Zbikowski||zbikowski||N||en_US||all day, 5 Aug - 8 Aug||Session Chair, Lightning Talks|
|Valorie Zimmerman||zimmerman||N||EN||Arriving Wed. Aug 3, to 10th||Registration, odd jobs, whatever is needed|
|Julita Inca||julitainca||N||ES,EN,DE||Wed. Aug 6 to 12th||Runners/Porters, odd jobs, whatever is needed|
|Mousumi Bhattacharya||mousumib||N||EN||Saturday 6th - Thursday 11th August||Registration, and odd-jobs|
|Konstantin Scheumann||scheumann||Y||DE,EN||basically everyday everytime||...|
|Matthias Kretz||mkretz||N||DE,EN||6th - 9th||Session Chair, Video (experienced sound engineer + some video experience)|
|Laura Dragan||ldragan||N||EN,RO||6th-9th||Anything that doesn't involve talking in public.|
|Effiong Aniekan||effiong||N||EN||All through the event||Registration, organization.|
|Vitor Boschi||vitorboschi||N||EN,PT-BR||All through the event||photography, video|
|Siddharth Sharma||siddharthsharma||N||EN,RU||basically whenever needed||Network or Systems Support, anything that doesn't involve talking in public.|
|Jiri Eischmann||eischmann||N||EN,CZ||probably through the event||Registration, organization, manning press room etc.|
|Behdad Esfahbod||esfahbod||N||EN,FA||Core days, not early in the morning!||Session chair.|
|Luca Pizzamiglio||pizzamiglio||Y||IT,EN,DE||5th-7th||Anything that doesn't involve talking in public.|
|Edevbie Clifford||edevbie||N||NG,EN||All through the event||Registration, organization,talking in public,etc|
|Florian Wilhelm||wilhelm||N||DE,EN||all time||Video, Registration and what else is needed|
|Inu Kim||inwookim||Y||EN,KO,JP,DE||all time||...|
|Carl Symons||symons, kallecarl(IRC)||N||EN||any time||session chair assistance, registration, Lightning Talks|
|Claudia Rauch||rauch||Y||DE,EN||most of the time, not Tuesday (need to be at KDE AGM)||registration, setting up, tearing down, session chair|
|Eitan Isaacson||isaacson||N||EN,HE,AR||any time||Whatevs|
|Frederik Gladhorn||gladhorn||N||DE,EN,ES||6th-8th||Session Chair (would like the accessibility track on Monday, no pref otherwise), Lightning Talks|
|Nuno Pinheiro||Pinheiro||N||EN,PT,ES||any time except my own talk, and last day||Session Chair, Lightning Talks|
|Arthur Arlt||arthurarlt||N||DE,EN||5th-8th||Video and anything what is needed|
|Eckhart Wörner||ewoerner||N||DE,EN||5th-12th||Anything but soccer ;-)|
|Till Adam||tilladam||Y||DE,EN||5th-12th||session chair, lightning talks, as needed|
|Laszlo Papp||djszapi||N||HU, EN||5th-12th||Video recording|
|Helio Chissini de Castro||helio||N||PT, EN||5th-12th||Soccer referee !!|
|Joanna Stabel Gil||stabelgil||N||EN, PT-BR||All through the event.||Video, photografy.|
|Felix Kaser||kaser||N||EN, DE, IT||Setting up before the event||I will be in Berlin from 1.8. until 8.8., I could help setting up the venue and at registration on Friday.|
|Vishesh Handa||vHanda||N||EN, Hindi||5th - 13th||Session Chair, Setting Up & Tearing down, Lightning Talks. Don't make me provide directions. I have no direction sense whatsoever.|
|Nirbheek Chauhan||chauhan||N||EN, HI||5th - 13th||Session Chair, Setting Up & Tearing Down, Lightning Talks, Runners/Porters. I'd prefer to keep running around than stand in one place.|
|Fabio Araujo||araujo||N||EN, PT-BR||6th - 12th||Video, odd jobs, whatever|
|Florian Nadge||nadge||N||EN, DE, CZ, SK, UK||6th - 9th||Multilingual services, translation, interpretation, editing, etc.|
|Lasse Liehu||lliehu||N||EN||6th - 8th||Video and odd jobs|
|Anita Reitere||reitere||N||EN, RU||5th - 12th||Registration, odd jobs|
|John Layt||jlayt||N||EN||The whole week||Session chair, set-up/tear-down, whatever needs doing, you know me :-) Already doing talks, BoF chairing and KDE eV stuff so not available during those times.|
|David Edmundson||davidedmundson||N||EN||Thursday before event, the whole week, but leaving early on the last day||Registration, odd jobs, running about.|
|Gil Forcada||forcada||N||EN, CA (Catalan not Canadian), ES||The whole week||Registration and info-desk as all previous GUADECs.|
|Marc Redemske||redemske||N||EN, DE||5th - 12th||Everything that needs to be done|
|Tadeja Kadunc||kadunc||N||EN, SI, DE||6th and 7th for sure||...|
|Jonas Mueller||jonasemuller||N||DE, DK, EN, SV||6th - 12th||registration, doorkeeping, odd jobs|
|João Paulo Rechi Vita||rechivita||N||PT_BR, EN, ES, IT||5h - 12th||session chair, press room, multilingual jobs.|
|elf Pavlik||pavlikelf||N & Y||EN, PL||5th - 11th||I know Berlin quite well...|
|Marc-André||Lureau||N||EN, FR||8th-11th||setting up, tearing down, session chair, video|
|Thomas Fischer||thomasfischer||N||DE, EN, SV||8th–||session chair|
|Pascal Mages||mages||N||DE, FR, SP, EN||5th 12-24, 6th 8-10, 18-24 and lunch break, 7th 8-9, 18-24 and lunch break, 8th 8-9, 17-24 and lunch break, 9th all day, 10th 8-14||where ever help is needed, as long as I don't miss the keynotes I want to see.|
|Christina Scherwionke||caliope||Y||DE, EN||5th–8th||registration|
|Daniel Molkentin||danimo||Y||DE, EN||5th–8th||registration, session chair, odd jobs|
|Olav Vitters||vitters||N||NL,EN||Not early in the morning||assisted registration desk last GUADEC|